Saturday, March 2, 2013

Before and after fancy round cocktail table


Here is a rather fancy and ornate table that I picked up to redo and sale.
 I had paid more then I usually do but I thought it was so different I went ahead and bought it.
 The more I thought about it the more I decided I wanted it for myself because it was so different. 
It's a sickness I think. 
If you can notice it has a layer of marble around it. Lots of it was missing but on closer inspection I knew that I could take it apart and remove the marble layer.
  It was kind of like an oreo cookie and I removed the center.
 It was pretty hard to do because it was constructed so well.
 After taking off the legs, removing a lot of screws and the hardest glue I've ever seen, it came apart.
 I had to do a lot of work with the hammer and chisel but I finally got it cleaned off.
 Then I put the two parts and legs back together.





And this is what it looks like now.
 I painted it white and antiqued it in a light blue.
  It's going on my back porch which is done in different shades of blue and white. 
I'm happy with how it turned out.



Here's a close up of the blue antiquing.


How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God...

1 John 3:1

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation - love all the details on this piece - it looks the way it was meant to look :)
    Hopping over from Beyond the Picket Fence
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete