Sunday, April 28, 2013

Before and after cabinet and the mini bath re-do

Here's a cute little cabinet I bought that I thought could go many places in a home.
It had removable shelves and a pull out shelf.
Storage on the bottom and it was on rollers.
Here's the before.

And here's the after.
 Bright pretty colors and new knobs.
I thought it looked fantastic. 
I had planned to re-sale this, but it ended up in my own home.


 Here is a picture showing the shelves and storage on the bottom.


Here's the story of how it ended up in my house. 
We had a hugh drip in the upstairs bathtub.
We thought it would be a simple fix, but you know how that goes. Our house is 30 years old and no work had ever been done on the pipes in the bathtub. Sooooo when you try to remove something or loosen a connection it's really hard. That's when it happened. The pipes just broke off. I guess we thought we'd never have to access the pipes in the bathtub (for some reason) because we had a chest custom made to fit in the space on the other side of the wall. And things went fine for many years. But because I wanted that nagging drip fixed (it wasted a lot of water) and to gain access to the pipes the chest had to be removed. In pieces. Lots of pieces. Because after the chest was installed many years ago, we put up wainscoting and moldings which kind of trapped it in. It was a great chest. With four big drawers. It served my girls very well. I wish I had a picture of the good old chest. But I wasn't home when all this plumbing stuff happened. When I got home this is what I saw. Only a little dirtier.



And this.


Isn't this a great pink color!
Anyway, after much work......


 This is how the area looks now.
Doesn't this chest look perfect in there.
Like it was made for that area.
 I had to lay some more tile, which Lowes still had in stock after many years. I put up more beadboard and baseboard and of course painted over the pink and one more thing, added an access panel.

And that's the story of how I ended up with this sweet little cabinet.


Hope you like it.

Rejoice always!  Pray constantly.
Give thanks in everything for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I am eying an ugly cabinet that needs a painting to give it new life. I was going to just use white, but I love the colors you've used, so I think I'll be a bit more adventuresome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was made for that space. Nice use of color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too after I moved it in there.

      Delete
  3. I love it! What a great project with wonderful results! Thanks for sharing your post on the HomeAcre Hop, hope to see you again tomorrow! - Nancy The Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you had the courage to use such bold bright colors for this piece! It looks awesome! Well done! I wish I was brave enough to do something like this! I hope you have a great week!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete