Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tribute to Tilly Rose



My precious Tilly put up a good fight with her illness,
 but Thursday night unexpectedly her fight ended and she died in my arms.


Please bare with me as I tell a little about Tilly and show you some pictures of her.
This will be a long post, but I hope you enjoy her story.

To all those out there who are animal lovers you'll know what I mean when I say Tilly was like one of the family.  I loved her so much and I know she loved me.  She was always so happy to see me no matter if I was gone 30 min. or a whole day.  She was love in a fur ball. 
She and I have been through a lot together.  She gave such unconditional love.

Let me tell you how we met.  My aunt had a long haired chihuahua and I fell in love with him. His name was Sammy.  I wanted one too, so I contacted the breeder and requested a girl puppy from the next litter.  I was so excited waiting for her to be born.  She finally arrived on August 22, 2000.  In two weeks I was allowed to meet and hold her.  Every week I went to hold and pet her until I could bring her home at eight weeks.  And from then on we loved each other.
Tilly was one of a kind.  She loved everyone and everyone loved her.  Cocoa her sister misses her terribly.  She's never been without her.  I'm sure it will take her a while to get use to being the only dog in the house.  My grief is heavy.  Please pray for me.

Now a few pictures of the life of sweet Tilly.


 This is Tilly at two weeks. The first time I met her.

 Here she is at six weeks. Giving me the eyeball.
She continued to do that the rest of her life.

 Sound asleep like a baby at eight weeks old.

 This is at twelve weeks. Her hair is starting to grow.

 She's trying to practice good dental hygiene. 
She's about a year.

 She loved all her animal toys.

 One funny thing about Tilly,  you could always tell when she'd been sniffing around.
She always ended up with something on her nose.

 Again...
 And again.

 Here she is in one of her princess poses.
She is beautiful isn't she.

 She loved to look out the door. If you were on the other side you could only see her ears and part of her eyeballs.

 This is her in her last moments of life in my arms.

 I am so thankful and feel so blessed that I was with her when she died.
It's a moment I'll never forget.

 Here's her little box.

 And her gravestone.

My Tilly.
She was such a sweet and beautiful dog.


I hope you enjoyed sharing in a little of Tilly's life.
Feel free to leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Tilly was a special little dog. Everyone adored her when they came over to your house. I had never been around small dogs much but Tilly and Cocoa warmed my heart. I will miss seeing her as well. She was a lucky dog and had such a good life! You were lucky to be her "mother".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were both blessed to have each other. I know that they do become a part of your family, and I can only imagine the loss that you must feel without her. You are very fortunate that you have so many interests and talents to keep you busy during this time. We will all miss seeing her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet tribute. She looks like such a sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment about Tilly Rose. She was so special.

      Delete