Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Paw prints in clay


When I was in the emergency animal hospital the night Tilly died,
a very sweet lady was assisting us.
After Tilly had died in my arms she wanted to know if I wanted her to take her
 and make a paw print for me. I said no because I didn't want to let go of her.
So she said she'd give me some clay to take home with instructions on how to do it.
Later that night I made some prints of Tilly's little paws.
I am so glad the lady was kind enough to suggest I take some clay home.
Her prints are now something I truly treasure.
After I baked the clay I color washed it to enhance her paw prints.
That also highlighted her name.

I decided to put it in a shadow box. I had also cut some of her hair and put it in the box also.

Below is the result.

Don't wait until your furry friends are gone.
Make a print while they are still with you.
All you need is some oven-bake clay. 
It's really easy. They have it at Hobby Lobby and Wal-mart.
It will be a treasured keepsake.

The Lord gives His people strength;
the Lord blesses His people with Peace.
Psalm 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment