Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Repurposed old silverware boxes


A while back I bought some old silverware boxes
with the intention of painting them or changing there purpose somehow.
Then I planned on selling them.


Little did I know I'd be using one for myself.
After Tilly died I decided to make a memory box
for all her little things.


After I pulled the old lining out
I relined it with some pink felt and ribbon.
Tilly always loved pink.


Then I decorated the outside 
with her name and a little band of color.
Pink of course.


I then added her picture (isn't she the cutest thing),
and some of her personal things.  Her first stuffed toy, her blankie 
that she had from the start, her special harness (pink again), some of her hair,
and some sweet cards that I received after she died.
I'll continue to add more things as I find them.


She was a real sweetheart.
I really miss her.

"I love you, Lord: you are my strength."  Psalm 18:1

No comments:

Post a Comment