Wednesday, June 8, 2016

THE EGG HOLDER :)

Behold the Egg Holder :)
At least that's what I'm calling it.
I'm sure it had a proper name back at the beginning of the 19th century.
I first saw this on another blog.
The Polished Pebble.
She did a post on old kitchens such as the one on Downton Abbey.
I loved that show, anyway, in one of the pictures I could
see an egg holder on one of those big beautiful farm tables.
That was such a great kitchen on that show.
So I thought I'd make myself one. 
I only have 2 hens laying at the moment, so I don't really
get enough eggs to use a big egg basket like I did before.
I don't refrigerate my eggs so I thought this was a great alternative.



I started with a leftover board of my chosen size.



Marked out the spots for my holes,
then went down to my dads' shop and used his drill press.
That is a great piece of machinery.
Makes drilling holes so much easier than a hand drill.




For the legs I wanted to use some old wooden spools.
The biggest problem with that was finding them.
I've had them so long it was a real search to locate them.
I haven't seen thread on wooden spools in ages.
They only use plastic now.
But here they are.


I painted my board and hot glued them on the bottom.


So here you go. 


 Behold my Egg Holder.


 I made mine to hold a dozen eggs.


The girls finally laid enough eggs to fill it up.


Hope you like it.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or
whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of GOD.

1 Corinthians 10:31


8 comments:

  1. Your egg holder turned out great Lyn. I've never seen one before, and it looks great on your kitchen island. Thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a neat idea!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for Recipes and Crafts: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job making the egg holder!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute and creative. How do you think it will hold up in the fridge since it's wood?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your egg holder is great. Very clever use of recycled material, too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea :) I love your kitchen by the way! #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete